7 reasons why dog flea collars can make your life that much easier
There are lots of different types of flea products available including sprays, tablets, spot-ons and dog flea collars:
- Pet flea sprays, are applied to the dog’s coat, some sprays have a lasting affect for up to three months
- Spot-on treatments are liquid solutions applied to a dog’s skin between the shoulder blades. The active ingredients then spread throughout the coat and skin
- Flea tablets are taken orally and work in the blood
- Medicated flea collars can be another great option for flea control, and the protection they provide is often longer lasting than other methods
All products work differently to kill fleas. To overcome a flea infestation, the flea control products need to disrupt the flea life cycle. Certain active ingredients will target adult fleas only, while others will target adult fleas and flea larvae.
Despite many different flea treatments for dogs available, collars remain a popular choice among dog owners. Developments in flea collar technology mean they’re very different now from when they first launched. The more premium collars can provide lasting protection from fleas and can be more convenient for owner lifestyles.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar protects your dog (or cat) against fleas and ticks for up to eight months in a single application, which can provide helpful benefits for both dog and owner:
1. Up to eight months of protection
The new generation of flea collars often use technology, which means they are effective for months at a time. There are plenty of other flea collars around, but none work quite like Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar for dogs and cats. The collar locks the active ingredients (imidacloprid and flumethrin) inside. Its slow-release dosing allows the active ingredients to spread across your dog’s skin and coat at a controlled and steady rate, for all-over protection for up to eight months.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar offers the longest protection against fleas and ticks available on the market in a single dose.
When it comes to other treatments, spot-ons are often applied monthly, and tablets have to be administered regularly. Some pet flea sprays need to be reapplied almost every few days, although the exact frequency will depend on the individual product.
2. It’s easy to use
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar can be used alongside your pet’s existing collar. Just pop it on your pet to begin protecting your pet with pride.
Other flea treatments can be more difficult to administer, for example, flea tablets may not be suitable for all dogs because some dogs don’t like taking tablets. And some flea treatments take longer to give; for example, flea sprays require owners to cover the whole dog, which can also be a messy business. When it comes to Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar, there’s no mess, no grease, no smell – and no need to remember monthly treatment applications.
3. It kills fleas and ticks through contact
The Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar kills fleas and repels and kills ticks through contact, no biting required.1 The active ingredients work throughout the dog’s skin and coat for all-over protection, preventing flea infestations.
4. It’s odourless
Unlike a lot of older flea collars, the Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar doesn’t smell. Any unpleasant smells won’t be from the collar!
5. It offers peace of mind
The Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is designed with a ratchet-release mechanism, which allows it to widen should a dog become trapped. The small dog collar has an additional layer of protection – a built-in breaking point, which will snap entirely if enough force is applied.
6. Available without prescription
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is easy to find. It’s available to buy from your vet, online-accredited veterinary pharmacies and at pet stores.
7. It’s water-resistant
The Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is water-resistant, and will keep working even after the occasional dip.2 It means your dog is ready for any adventure!
Due to the variety of flea collars on the market, it’s important to research them to ensure you get the right one for your dog and your lifestyle.
Use our guide to flea collars to help you choose.
Find out more about Seresto® Flea and Tick Control collar for dogs here.
1. Mehlhorn et al. Parasitol Res (2001) 87:198-207, information is regarding mode of action and is not intended to imply parasites can be completely stopped from biting; an attachment of single ticks after treatment cannot be excluded.
2. Monthly shampooing or water immersion does not significantly shorten the eight months efficacy duration for ticks after redistribution of the active substances in the coat whereas the product’s flea efficacy gradually decreased, starting in the fifth month
Use Medicines Responsibly.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar contains imidacloprid and flumethrin NFA-VPS . Further information is available from the datasheet at www.noahcompendium.co.uk or on request. ®Registered Trade Mark of Bayer AG. Bayer plc, 400 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6AD. Tel: 0118 206 3000.