Seresto® Flea & Tick Collar for dogs.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is clinically proven to kill fleas within 24 hours and actively repel and kill ticks through contact, so no bite is required for it to work*.
Odourless and water-resistant, forget fleas and ticks for 7-8 months with Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is the longest-lasting single application flea and tick protection available, giving you peace of mind for 7-8 months.
- Remove the collar from the protective bag directly before use.
- Unroll the collar and remove any remaining plastic connectors on the inside of the collar.
- Adjust the collar around your dog’s neck, without tightening it too tight (it should be possible to insert two fingers between the collar and the neck).
- Pull excess collar through the loop and cut off any excess that extends beyond 2 cm.
- Check periodically and adjust if necessary, especially in growing puppies.
It's an innovative collar that is clinically proven to provide 7-8 months flea and tick protection for your dog. With Seresto, one collar is all it takes to give you peace of mind for 7-8 months.
The Seresto Flea and Tick control collar used to be a prescription-only product meaning it was only available from licensed veterinarians, but now it is freely available without a prescription. This has made the process of protecting your furry friend even easier. But it is important to make sure you are getting a genuine Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar – that’s why we recommend you purchase from your local veterinary practice, a high street pet retailer or agricultural store. If you are buying online, we recommend using one of our official partners. View our official partners store now on our website.
Its innovative technology enables it to release controlled doses of the active ingredients over a long period of time. The ingredients are transferred to your pet’s skin and coat, and spread across his entire body, keeping him protected from fleas and ticks for 7-8 months. Clinically proven to kill fleas and actively repel and kill ticks through contact, so no bite is required for it to work.*
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar contains two active ingredients: imidacloprid, which kills adult fleas and flea larvae; and flumethrin, which repels and kills all life stages of ticks.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar protects your dog against fleas and ticks for 7-8 months in a single application. It is recommended the collar is replaced after this time to provide continued protection.
No, it doesn’t. The collar is odourless, so there are none of the unpleasant chemical smells you often associate with other flea and tick collars.
If you feel that you are not getting the results that you would expect from your Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar, here are a few points to consider.
- Check that your collar was purchased from an Official Retailer. As with many products, there are counterfeit Seresto collars on the market, but you can be confident your collar is genuine if you have purchased it either from your vet practice, or from this list of Official Retailers. Find out more if you are concerned you may have a Seresto counterfeit product.
- Check that your Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is fitted correctly as it is important the collar makes sufficient contact with your pet’s skin and coat for it to work effectively. Learn more about how to fit the collar correctly by watching the “How to Apply Seresto® for Dogs” video above.
- Ensure that the collar is worn continuously, and, when Seresto is first applied, remember that it can take 48 hours for the active ingredients within the collar to take effect.
- If your pet has fleas, in some instances, when you start using a flea product, it can be normal to still see fleas on your pet for some time when treating an infestation. Learn more about how to tackle a flea infestation.
- If you have seen a tick on your pet when they are wearing Seresto, there may be a number of reasons for this. Ticks may still get onto your dog’s coat when he brushes past them, even if he’s wearing a Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar. The active ingredients work through contact, which means that ticks need to initially jump onto the pet to become exposed to the active ingredient, and the product then acts to repel and kill them. Attachment of individual ticks can occur occasionally, especially in animals that are walked in areas with very high tick burdens. However, the vast majority of ticks will be repelled and killed before they are able to bite.
- If you regularly shampoo your pet, this can reduce the time that Seresto is effective for*. This is because as the active ingredients are washed out of your pet’s skin and coat, Seresto works to release more active ingredients to replace those that are lost, and hence the actives contained within the collar are used up more quickly.
If you have questions about any of the information here, or are still concerned please contact our technical services team on 01256-353 131
*Monthly shampooing or water immersion may affect the duration of action of the collar. See product datasheet for more information
Ticks may still get onto your dog’s coat when he brushes past them, even if he’s wearing a Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar. The active ingredients work through contact, which means that ticks need to initially jump onto the pet to get exposed to the active ingredient, the product then acts to repel and kill them. Attachment of individual ticks can occur occasionally, especially in animals that are walked in areas with very high tick burdens. However, the vast majority of ticks will be repelled and killed before they are able to bite.
A small amount of mud or dirt on the outer surface of the collar would not be expected to affect its efficacy. Any mud that creates a barrier between the collar and your dog’s coat may impact the efficacy of the collar. If the collar does get dirty, you can simply wipe it down carefully with a moist cloth.
The collar’s active ingredients are bound within the collar matrix, rather than all being on the surface of the collar, however chewing of the collar should still be avoided. In the unlikely event of the animal eating a collar, mild gastrointestinal signs (e.g. vomiting or diarrhoea) could be seen. If this happens- speak to your vet for advice. If your dog manages to get his own collar into his mouth it’s likely that it is applied too loosely. As a guide, you should be able to fit two fingers between the collar and your dog’s neck.
In rare cases, dogs may scratch at their collars on the first few days after fitting. Ensure that the collar is not fitted too tightly. Mild reactions such as itchiness, redness and hair loss can occur but are only reported rarely, and symptoms usually resolve within one to two weeks, without the need to remove the collar. In some cases, temporary collar removal may be recommended until the symptoms have disappeared. In very rare cases in dogs, application site reactions such as dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur and in these instances, collar removal is recommended. Please consult your vet if you have any concerns.
The collar is designed with a safety-release mechanism. It has a ratchet release mechanism, which allows it to widen should an animal become trapped. The small dog collar has a two-step safety mechanism: in addition to the ratchet release mechanism it is also equipped with a pre-determined breaking point, so is able to snap completely under force.
Dogs wearing the collar should not be allowed to sleep in the same bed as their owners, especially children.
The Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar contains a special ‘polymer matrix’ within the collar and this keeps the largest amount of active substances within the collar so that there is a low amount on the outside. However, do not allow children to play with the collar, or to put it in their mouth.
The Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar releases its active ingredients from collar to coat for months at a time. The active ingredients kill fleas and ticks but are okay to use around cats (and naturally dogs themselves!).
No. It's important to put a new collar on without any delay so that you don’t leave a gap of time where your dog is unprotected.
No. Stretching of the collar for activation is not necessary. Simply fit as instructed around your pet’s neck for 7-8 months of protection against fleas and ticks.
Seresto doesn’t work this way, so there's no need to brush the collar anywhere on your pet. Simply put the collar around your dog’s neck and make sure you adjust it properly, to give you 7-8 months of flea and tick protection.
No, you shouldn’t attach a lead to the collar, as the force of your pet pulling against it would potentially open the safety mechanism. Use your normal collar in addition to Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar, and attach your lead to your normal collar.Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar has not been specifically tested with a name tag, so we do not recommend attaching them to your dog's collar. If attaching Seresto charms to the collar, please closely follow the safety instructions provided with them.
Absolutely. The Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar can be worn alongside your dog´s usual collar without compromising its efficacy, provided the Seresto collar is still in contact with the animal’s coat.
We strongly discourage you from doing this. This method of application hasn’t been tested and it might have an impact on the level of protection your pet receives. To provide the optimum level of flea and tick protection with the collar, it should be worn continuously and replaced every eight months. However, if you’ve removed the collar only temporarily (e.g. during grooming), you can reapply it without any problems.
Used collars or any remnants should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements. The product should not be disposed of in watercourses.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar can be used on puppies aged seven weeks and older.
Puppies grow at different rates and we recommend frequent checks of the collar and readjustment if necessary. Watch the video above to see how to fit your collar properly, and always follow the guidelines that are provided.
The product is not recommended for use in pregnant and lactating bitches.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is water-resistant and does not need to be removed when a dog goes swimming or is bathed. The active ingredients are contained in the collar matrix and will not be released into water if your dog goes swimming. The ingredients spread through the lipid layer of the dog’s skin and hair and even if this lipid layer is partially washed off by bathing, the collar will quickly replenish the active ingredients and the pet will be protected again.
However, prolonged, intense exposure to water or extensive shampooing should be avoided as the duration of activity may be reduced. Studies show that monthly shampooing or water immersion does not significantly shorten the eight months’ efficacy duration for ticks after redistribution of the active substances in the coat whereas the product’s flea efficacy gradually decreased, starting in the fifth month.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar is water-resistant and remains effective if your dog becomes wet; there is no need to remove the collar for swimming. Studies have shown that monthly shampooing or water immersion does not significantly shorten the eight months efficacy duration for ticks after redistribution of the active substances in the coat, whereas the product’s flea efficacy gradually decreases starting from the fifth month.
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collars are water resistant and remain effective if the animal becomes wet. It has been shown that monthly shampooing or water immersion does not significantly shorten the 8 months efficacy against ticks, however it can gradually decrease the collar's efficacy against fleas from month five. If your dog regularly swims or has baths it may be necessary to replace the collar sooner to ensure continued efficacy of the collar.
+ Mehlhorn et al. Parasitol Res (2001) 87:198-207, information is regarding mode of action and is not intended to relate to speed of kill or to imply parasites can be completely stopped from biting.
* An attachment of single ticks after treatment cannot be excluded; for this reason, a transmission of infectious diseases cannot be completely excluded if conditions are unfavourable.
**Correct as of 23rd of July 2021 with 4.7/5 and 677 reviews for Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar for Large Dogs and 4.7/5 and 168 reviews for Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar for Small Dogs. Some of the reviews on Influenster have been supported with free of charge trial product.
Use Medicines Responsibly www.noah.co.uk/responsible
Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar contains imidacloprid and flumethrin [NFA-VPS]. Further information is available from the datasheet at www.noahcompendium.co.uk or on request. The Bayer cross is a Registered trademark of Bayer AG. Seresto, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Elanco or its affiliates. Elanco UK AH Ltd., Form 2, Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, RG27 9XA. Tel. 01256 353131.